Two Methods:Foot Reflex Points for Relieving Back Pain & Hand Reflex Points for Relieving Back Pain.
Back pain is a universal complaint that can be relieved through reflexology therapy. Most back pain is non-specific and can’t be traced to a particular event, such as an injury. This type of back pain often occurs sporadically. But whether or not your back pain is intermittent or chronic, there are reflexology techniques you can use to give yourself both short-term and long-term relief.
Method 1 of 2: Foot Reflex Points for Relieving Back Pain
Treat lower back pain by applying pressure to the reflexes on the soles of your feet, the entire area around your heel and around your ankle, as well as the inner edge of each foot—the reflex points for your spine are located along the inside edges of your feet. Upper back pain is treated by applying reflexology to the reflex points for your shoulders and upper back, which are represented on the soles and tops of your feet just beneath the base of your toes.
1 Direct your attention first to your cervical spine. The spine reflex points follow the line of the inside edge of your foot; these reflex points are not on the sole of your foot.
- Support your right foot with your left hand and use your right thumb to work all of the spine reflexes that are located along the inside edge of your foot, from the tip of your big toe, all the way to your ankle.
- Starting at your toe, press your thumb firmly into the skin and inch or creep along the length of your foot so you are sure to press every reflex spot.
2 Work your sciatic nerve. The reflexes for the sciatic nerve are found just behind your ankle bone and continue up in a straight line for about 4″ or 10 centimeter (3.9 in). Sciatica causes searing pain down the leg because the nerves are compressed, which can be triggered by a number of factors. Working the sciatic nerve reflex points will improve the blood supply to this area. Working the sciatic nerve reflexes every day for a few minutes is a great way to prevent a painful case of sciatica.
Take care of upper back pain by apply reflexology to the points that correspond to your upper back and shoulders.
- Apply pressure with your thumb to the area just beneath the base of your toes, first on the sole of your foot and then on the top of your foot.
- When you work the sole of your foot, you can also press your knuckles deeply into those reflexes.
- The same reflex points for your shoulders and upper back that are located on the tops of your feet need a lighter touch because that area is more bony and sensitive.
Method 2 of 2: Hand Reflex Points for Relieving Back Pain
Use hand reflexology whenever it is more convenient than applying foot reflexology or if your feet are injured or infected in any way.
1Contact the reflex points for your spine by applying pressure with your thumb along the outside edge of your palm. Work on your right hand first and then switch to your left hand.
Work the reflexes that correspond with your shoulders by applying pressure to the area just beneath your pinky fingers on both the top and the palm of your hand.
- Always work the reflex points on both hands; your left shoulder reflexes are at the base of your left pinky and your right shoulder reflexes are at the base of your right pinky.
If you tried these and the pain still remains, it might be because you have an energy block. Bio Energy Healing is amazing for removing the pain and preventing it from returning. It will give you more movement and flexibillity, helping you do the things you love the most.
If you are tired of the pain and want to take action, contact me and I’ll give you a 50% off on your first session.